Abrasive Blasting and Deburring
Superior Shot Peening has blasted a wide variety of engineered parts, from Corvettes to oil rigs, from delicate fiberglass to steel boat hulls. We are stocked with a wide selection of abrasives including baking soda, glass or plastic bead, aluminum and magnesium oxide; and will be able to recommend the appropriate abrasive for your particular job. Superior Shot Peening is particularly proud of its extensive experience in abrasive blasting used for pipe cleaning inside and out.
Both on-site or in the field, our experienced crews are fast, knowledgeable and professional. In many cases our abrasive blasting field technicians have traveled to the work site, finished the job, and returned within only a few hours of receiving our client’s work request.
Abrasive blasting is a metal-cleaning process during which abrasives are propelled towards a metal part at high-speeds. The abrasives scrape corrosion, burrs, flash and other undesired particles from the metal, leaving the metal ready for further protective coatings and pre-treatments. The type of abrasive used and the recommended velocity of the abrasive will vary with the delicacy of the parts to be blasted and the extent of the material to be removed.
Abrasive blasting is used primarily in the following cleaning processes:
- Corrosion Removal (descaling) – removal of rust, oxidation and mill scale.
- Deburring – removal of unwanted sharp edges and burrs left over from the manufacturing process.
- Deflashing – removal of the excess material formed when metal parts are created using a mold.
- Paint Removal – removal of old paint prior to a new coating process.
- Pipe Cleaning ID/OD – removal of contaminants from pipeline inside and out.
The Superior Shot Peening Advantage