Teflon® coating (PTFE) is one of the most well-known types of fluoropolymer protective coatings in the world. While consumers may only think of Teflon® to enhance household products such as cookware, industrialists know that Teflon® is used in many industries to enhance industrial or commercial parts.
The main benefits of using Teflon® coating on critical infrastructure parts include:
- Increased resistance in extreme hot and cold conditions
- Reduced friction working with other parts
- Enhanced chemical resistance
Industries That Benefit from Using Teflon® Coating
– Aerospace: Parts that are placed into use in airplanes and other aircrafts need to be able to serve two primary functions:
- Withstand extreme cold from external conditions at high altitudes
- Withstand extreme heat from internal use inside high-powered equipment
Industrial parts that are coated with Teflon® are able to withstand these extreme conditions because this type of coating creates a barrier. In other words, the coated part is protected from the conditions and continues to function normally, which is critical for the performance and safety of aircrafts.
– Automotive: Teflon® coating is popular in the automotive industry because it helps critical parts continue to function properly, reduces costs from not having to replace parts as often, and improves overall performance.
Automotive parts that are coated with Teflon® are able to withstand extreme heat under the hood. They also enhance the lubricity of other critical parts to prevent those parts from wearing down or losing functionality due to strain and friction.
– Chemical Manufacturing: Manufacturers that work with chemicals, volatile compounds, and raw materials need their equipment to be resistant to corrosion. That makes Teflon® coating a popular choice for parts that are placed into equipment in this environment.
Teflon® coating creates a durable, shield-like barrier to prevent the chemicals used in the manufacturing process from affecting the composition of critical parts. These parts continue to provide valuable functionality in a highly volatile environment, reducing the costs that would otherwise result from corrosion compromising parts or equipment.
– Food, Biomedical, and Related Industries: Producers and manufacturers that are subject to FDA regulations need parts and equipment that reduce the risk of contamination.
Teflon® coating is a desirable protective coating that prevents bacteria, microbes, or other undesired outside contaminants from affecting production or manufacturing. This coating is especially useful for medical equipment that will be used to treat a patient in a hospital or medical devices that will be placed inside a person.
Find the Best Use of Teflon® Coating for Your Industry
The evidence is clear that Teflon® coating provides numerous benefits across multiple industries. We highlighted some of the most important uses of Teflon® coating in this article, but we know there are other industries that benefit from using this coating.
Our company offers a complete line of fluoropolymer coatings, including PTFE (Teflon® coating) for multiple industries. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your specific job and the opportunity to utilize our PTFE treatment to enhance your critical parts and equipment.
Contact us today to inquire about utilizing the coating service at our facility in Texas or on-site at your location through the capabilities of our mobile crew and equipment.