Powder coating is a versatile type of protective coating that extends the usefulness of industrial parts used in key industries.
Specifically, industrial powder coating supports corrosion control, improves aesthetics or appearance, creates electrical insulation, and enhances flow.
Powder coating also creates very durable, smooth surfaces for parts, which allows equipment to function at peak performance. Because this type of coating can be applied to a variety of surfaces, there is an opportunity to protectively coat nearly every critical part used in your equipment.
How Does Powder Coating Work on Parts?
Powder coating is a dry coating that can be applied to the substrate without the need for a solvent or volatile carrier.
1. The parts that are designated for the coating are cleaned first.
2. Carbon steel is abrasive-blasted to a white-metal finish. (Aluminum parts are treated with a special cleansing wash.)
3. Pretreated parts are sprayed with an electrostatically-charged powder and cured in batch ovens.
This process ensures that no undesired particles are coated to the part, the part is completely coated, and the coating forms a durable, long-lasting bond with the part.
What Are the Industrial Applications for Powder Coating?
Several key industries utilize powder coating to enhance the durability, longevity, and corrosion resistance of critical parts.
- Pipeline manufacturers use powder coating for pipe coatings before placed in the field or to restore existing pipe.
- Vehicle manufacturers use powder coatings for color-coded engine parts.
- Aerospace companies use powder coatings on parts that need to withstand extreme conditions and atmospheric changes.
- Chemical companies use powder coatings on parts that come in contact with highly alkaline solutions.
- Food & Beverage companies use powder coatings on parts used in equipment such as ovens that are designed to withstand high temperatures.
There are many other uses of industrial powder coating to take advantage of the benefits of this type of protective coating.
Whether your parts fall into one of these categories or if you have a unique need to enhance a critical part, our company can help you identify the best solution.
SSPC Offers Several Types of Industrial Powder Coatings
Superior Shot Peening & Coatings offers a versatile powder coating selection for industrial parts. We offer powder coatings that include:
- Silicone high heat
- Zinc Filled Epoxy
- TGIC Polyester
We offer the service on-site at our facility in Texas or at your location through our mobile service equipment and team. Because of our industry expertise and revolutionary turnaround times, we will quickly service your parts so that your equipment can continue operating.